UQ Annual Colloquium: Solidarity and Partnerships for Recovery. (13 Oct 2021)
UQ Annual Colloquium 2021: Solidarity and Partnerships for Recovery.
The 2021 Latin American Colloquium will look to: Solidarity and Partnerships for Recovery.
Addressing how Australia and Latin America have expanded collaboration and built partnerships amid COVID-19. Disruptions to the way we learn, work, and live are paving the way for new opportunities, partnerships, and surprising innovations.
This is the 14th year that UQ has hosted the Latin American Colloquium. Each year, the University brings Ambassadors, industry, and government heads together to showcase Queensland's engagement with the diverse regions of Latin America.
Panel 1: Reshaping the way we work and learn
In a matter of weeks, COVID-19 changed how students were educated and how workplaces adapted. Join us as we hear from experts in their fields to discuss what the future of education and work will look like.
Panel 2: Stronger business connections and partnerships
Building stronger business connections and partnerships during and post COVID-19. Join us as we discuss the emerging technologies and new ways of doing business that are transforming the way organisations build partnerships.
Panel 1 Speakers:
- Dr Roberto Esposto: Senior Lecturer, School of Languages and Cultures, UQ - Moderator
- His Excellency Mr Armando Vargas Araya: Ambassador of Costa Rica
- Associate Professor Remi Ayoko: Management Discipline Leader, School of Business, UQ
- Martha Jimenez: Masters student, School of Earth, and Environmental Sciences, UQ
- Nigel Warren: Victorian Commissioner to the Americas and Board Member, Council on Australia Latin America Relations
- Steven Barraclough: Assistant Secretary for Eastern Europe and Latin America, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Panel 2 Speakers:
- Dr Frederik Von Briel: Lecture, Strategy and Entrepreneurship, School of Business, UQ - Moderator
- His Excellency Mr Ronald Recinos: Ambassador of Guatemala
- Paola A. Lasso: Project Lead, Reliability Improvement, Lihir mine and Director, ALABC
- Vu Tran: Co-founder, GO1
- Gabrielle Hall: Senior Investment Adviser, Austrade
- Cristian Campo: President, Australian Latin American Young Professionals, System Specialist, Telstra and CEO, CF Consulting and Development