Role: Product Champion
Reporting Manager: Oliver Houlcroft
Role Type: Part-Time Remote Volunteer Position
Commitment: 10-15 hours per month
Somos21 is a not-for-profit organisation promoting greater connection and collaboration between students, professionals, and businesses/organisations across Australia and Latin America. Somos21 seeks to deliver impact across 3 key spheres:
Personal - Strong personal relationships and a sense of belonging and purpose at an individual level.
Professional - Strong human capital, trade, and investment flow between Australia and Latin America.
Social - Social and economic development in disadvantaged communities of Australia and Latin America.
About the Role
Somos21 is searching for a proactive and talented individual to join our team and lead to the growth and development of our online collaborative platform with Hivebrite (https://hivebrite.com/), aimed at fostering connections between Australia and Latin America. The chosen individual will have solid IT skills and a deep understanding of computer programming, digital portals, and will be able to unlock the power of the platform as a means to grow our community.
- To protect the brand reputation of Somos21
- To observe all the core values and understand the strategic directions of Somos21
- To demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Somos21 and support all that it stands for
Areas of Accountability & Major Responsibilities
- Support Somos21 volunteers and platform users to understand the platform and how it operates.
- Serve as the point of contact for all platform-related enquiries, from internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide leadership in the architecture, design, and execution of activities within the platform, to improve the overall experience for users.
- Review new and existing functionality, check for bugs/glitches in the platform, and suggesting improvements.
- Reconfigure aspects of the platform to ensure that it is providing sufficient value to our community.
- Develop ‘how-to’ manual, outlining platform use, and benefits.
- Maintain contact and collaborate with our Hivebrite Account Manager, looking for opportunities to update and improve user experience.
What we are looking for
- Experience in UX/UI to increase online activity and user engagement
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Proactive, self-motivated problem solver, always looking for opportunities to improve the platform
- Experience coding and diving into technical details
- Strong Hivebrite skills, or the brains, and willingness to learn/improve
- Excellent communicator, especially with interpreting technical jargon for non-techies
If you are interested to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To engage in the latest trends, developments, and opportunities in information technology and telecommunications across Australia and Latin America, join our community at IT & Communications Group.
To find more career opportunities in Australia for Latin American professionals, visit our Jobs & Career platform.