The Knowledge, Learning, and Experiences (KLE) team advances knowledge and learning in the network to make progress toward our 25-year vision. We do this by learning alongside the various communities in our global network, by creating learning experiences, and enabling connections for constituents to advance their own learning.
As the Director of e-Learning & Multimedia, you will use e-learning platforms, audio/video editing, and websites to create a rich array of virtual learning experiences that ultimately benefit educators and children around the world. As the Director of e-Learning & Multimedia, you will be passionate about connecting people across the globe in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa, obsessed with how adults learn, and highly skilled in instructional design and remote learning platforms.
Success in this role means that the ideas and insights being surfaced by Teach For All are accessible, actionable and impactful in partner organizations, classrooms, and communities around the globe. It also means that the Knowledge, Learning, and Experiences team is pioneering new ways of delivering content in scalable, high impact ways, ultimately catalyzing learning and sharing across and beyond the Teach For All network.
The Director of e-Learning & Multimedia will, in collaboration with colleagues at Teach For All, aim to create valuable remote learning resources and experiences as as measured by:
- Creation and execution of high-quality remote learning experiences, both synchronous and asynchronous
- Creation of high quality, user-centric resources and web content that clearly communicate core ideas/insights
- Peer and partner feedback on the effectiveness of those learning experiences
- Reported changes in partner and staff actions as a result of engaging with the learning experiences
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Co-design and produce high-impact e-learning and multimedia resources (~80%)
- Collaborate with colleagues as “producer” for learning experiences and learning resources (using applications like Adobe InDesign and Google Documents and e-Learning platforms like Bridge LMS and Articulate 360)
- Synthesize learning and insights to create user-centered resources
- Design and build visually appealing learning resources (diagrams, images, videos, etc) that best relay information to a learner, especially to non-native English speakers.
- Storyboard, capture, and edit video and audio to create learning resources
- Consult with and guide colleagues to maximize the impact of virtual learning resources and processes
- Support and/or mentor other members of the team to create compelling, strategic resources which communicate core ideas/insights
- Lead user testing and rapid iteration of resources and learning experiences
Content Management (~20%)
- Program management for courses, workshops & webinars, including advertising, registration, design, follow up & impact assessment.
- At least three years of relevant experience is required
- Significant experience bringing ideas to impact via multimedia learning and sharing is required
- Experience with creating engaging and interactive remote / online / e-learning experiences is required; experience in adult learning and instructional design preferable
- Experience with adapting the use of learning technologies based on the audience based on language, culture, accessibility needs, technology bandwidth and user behavior in different markets is required
- Ability to work in English is required; Spanish preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A deep learning orientation to the world and our work - specifically around educational inequity in the world
- Ability to coach and grow others’ knowledge and skills related to learning experience and resource design
- Creative thinking around adult learning, especially using multimedia resources
- Strong skills with e-learning platforms (e.g., Bridge and/or Articulate 360)
- Strong skills with graphic design applications such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Professional etc.), PowerPoint, and Google Suite
- Experience writing and designing for low-bandwidth contexts and cross-cultural audiences keeping translation, localization, and accessibility in mind
- Multimedia and technology skills and orientation and a keen interest in using technology to drive impact
- Demonstrated skills in instructional design, online learning, and user experience (UX)
- User-centric orientation with experience in building communities, driving user adoption, and/or managing change efforts
- Storyboarding and Storytelling: ability to draw out high-impact narratives that illustrate key ideas and to distill large amounts of materials to salient core points to produce text- and video-based resources
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong collaborative working style; ability to work in partnership with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to influence and motivate others outside of direct team relationships
- Ability to comfortably work across multiple dynamics of cultural differences
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work, independently prioritize tasks, and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, dynamic, and globally dispersed team environment
Candidates for this position must possess local work authorization to be considered.
Travel and Hours
Approximately 10% travel is expected when it is safe to do so and in accordance with local travel guidelines. Given that we work across every time zone, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
Salary for this position is competitive and based on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter directly online.
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of over 40 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization that works to accelerate the progress of the network. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicities, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all. In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness with respect to two dimensions in particular: we prioritize diversity of geography because this can help us quickly understand and connect with the diverse cultures and geographies of the world. We also prioritize increasing the representation and inclusiveness of team members who themselves have experienced the inequities we’re working to address by nature of sharing the background (e.g. economic, racial and ethnic, religious) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.
To apply, click the link HERE.
To engage in the latest trends, developments, and opportunities in educational opportunities across Australia and Latin America, join our community at Education & Training Group.
To find more career opportunities in Australia for Latin American professionals, visit our Jobs & Career platform.