Digital Engineering Lead - Transportation
- Opportunity for a strategic management role in a global consultancy
- Flexible work options
- Permanent role based in either Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Perth
What are we looking for?
Our Transportation sector is looking for a Digital Engineering Lead, who will take on a key role in evolving and driving the digital capability and delivery for our transportation and infrastructure business. This is a national role that can be based in either Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Perth. Ideally you will come from an engineering, drafting or architecture background and are passionate about all things digital. Arcadis is aiming to become the leading digital business in the industry and a global leader in sustainable impact.
Your role will include:
- Develop and drive the implementation of a clear strategy and plan for the sector’s response to digital disruption, both with regard to market changes, new propositions, and improved internal use of digital tools and processes. This strategy must align with the segment and regional strategy;
- Develop networks and relationships with organisations that can be useful partners in the enhancement of Arcadis’ digital offering;
- Create and lead a virtual community of digital champions within the sector – and play a part of the wider digital network in Arcadis;
- Oversee the development of the appropriate capabilities within the sector (in Australia and our Global Excellence Center in Manila), aligned with the wider digital community;
- Enhance the professional profile of Arcadis as a digital leader in the Design and Consultancy industry and represent Arcadis within relevant professional bodies;
- Review future resourcing requirements, identifying digital-related skills gaps and supporting the development or recruitment of appropriate capability; and
- Oversee the production of high quality BIM deliverables to ensure that they meet or exceed client expectations as well as Arcadis requirements, and that they comply with national standards and codes of practice.
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- 12+ years industry experience in the application of Digital engineering solutions in an engineering and built asset consultancy environment;
- Experience of leading client business development activities;
- Degree and/or qualification in a relevant technical subject including elements of Modelling (HND/HNC or equivalent), and a BIM accreditation;
- Achieved Engineering Technician status or equivalent through a recognised professional institution and may be looking to convert this to Incorporated status;
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, clients, suppliers or the public, and be aware of the needs and concerns of others, especially where related to diversity and equality;
- Ability to identify specific digital management arrangements to compliment Arcadis Integrated Management System requirements;
- Experienced in the technical ownership of Designer Hazard Logs, agreeing hierarchical system of risk management and communication of residual risks to the Principal Designer; and
- Demonstrated ability to lead, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills as well as excellent communication and relationship building skills (both internally and externally).
Who are we?
Arcadis is the leading design and consultancy firm for natural and built assets with a passion to improve the quality of life and be recognised as the best. To achieve this, we collaborate with the 27,000 Arcadians in over 350 offices around the globe on world-changing projects.
With skilled and talented people on-board, we provide major companies and governments around the globe with ground-breaking design, consultancy, engineering, business advisory, architecture and project management expertise.
Why work for us?
We are an award-winning company that offers all Arcadians flexible work arrangements, attractive salaries, global growth opportunities and both formal and informal career development training. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- 2020 WGEA Equal Opportunity Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- 2019 Flex Able certified employer
- 2018 Great Place to Work certified employer
Visit our careers page for more information or to apply:www.arcadis.com/applynow.
Kindly note, we will not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this role. At Arcadis we choose to deal with you directly so if you’re interested, please apply!
To apply, click the link HERE.
To engage in the latest trends, developments, and opportunities in infrastructure across Australia and Latin America, join our community at Infrastructure Group.
To find more career opportunities in Australia for Latin American professionals, visit our Jobs & Career platform.