The Operation Manager will mainly responsible for export operations to manage international cross border operations for other regions as destination countries. While at the same time, he or she will also need to lead daily activities of the landside operation for ANZ region as an origin country.
- Manages cross-border operations, foster strong and positive team spirit and develop team capabilities to deliver outstanding performance. This person will own export operations KPI and metrics, proactively manage overall LSP performance, identify and drive cost reduction opportunities for import operations via improved LSP efficiency, and reduced ad hoc charges.
- Operation Manager needs to develop an annual volume forecast and peak plan, solve capacity and capability issues ahead of the needs by identifying at-risk operations, and develop/execute contingency protocol to minimize service failure.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment with export operation strategy, propose or support relevant new lane, and new product launches that add values to customers and Amazon. He or she needs to jointly design and implement optimal operation models for different customer segmentation, service level agreement (SLA), and Income Terms.
- Provide ongoing updates on AGL Australia operation and program status, risks, and propose resolutions to key stakeholders, he or she needs to work closely with upstream and downstream teams, as well as other cross-functional teams to identify and remove systematical failures to improve consistency and precision of the AGL service commitment to internal and external clients.
- Act as local SME for the export operation, possess a deep understanding of how business requirements are delivered by Amazon’s tech solutions. He or she needs to provide feedback on feature requests to ensure tech support for relevant operations scalability.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in the supply chain, import/export management, trade compliance, or similar field
· 5+ years of managerial experiences with proven positive influences and delivery of high-quality results.
· Expert knowledge in major trade lanes and core cross-border ship modes (ocean, air, express parcel).
· Intermediate data analysis skills (SQL, Python)
· Strong MS Excel
· Working knowledge of landside operations, customs regulation, tariffs, rates, and carrier management.
· Proven track record to manage vendors and third-party logistics providers to drive their performance.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to peers and senior leadership teams.
- Advanced degree (MBA, MS) in the supply chain, import/export management, trade compliance, or similar field
- 2+ years of experiences with Amazon in FC, supply chain, ANZ scheduling or transportation
- Multi-language skills are preferred although not a must (Chinese, Spanish, or some European language)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply, click the link HERE.
To engage in the latest trends, developments, and opportunities in information technology and telecommunications across Australia and Latin America, join our community at IT & Communications Group.
To find more career opportunities in Australia for Latin American professionals, visit our Jobs & Career platform.