At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills, and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About The Role
Our Global BHP Technology function is undergoing an exciting transformation journey and moving towards more modern ways of working. Be part of a newly formed global DevOps team that partners with our Operations, Functions, and Centers of Excellence to support improvement and innovation in safety, culture, productivity, and social value through the application of world-class technology. As part of the Global HR Applications team, you will report directly to the Manager HR Applications and lead a small team of specialists that own the strategy, roadmap, solution design and architecture of all BHP’s HR Applications and project portfolio. This role is based in Brisbane, Perth, or Singapore.
In This Role, Your Key Accountabilities Will Include
- Ownership of the HR functional technology strategy and roadmap, ensuring alignment to the global technology strategy, the HR strategy and the needs of our Assets
- Leading a small team and continually mentoring and developing capability within the team
- Solution design and architecture thought leadership and governance for all global HR initiatives and applications including SAP SuccessFactors
- Working with stakeholders to assess project opportunities and provide high-level solution options and cost estimates.
- Hands-on architectural direction and support for project delivery and DevOps activities
- Single point of accountability for HR application blueprint and configuration documentation.
- Managing relationships with key strategic vendors
- Committing to health, safety, environmental responsibility, and sustainable development, as well as BHP’s Charter and Code of Conduct.
The successful candidate should possess:
- At least 10-15 years of operational, project and strategic experience specializing in the design and architecture of HR technology solutions
- Previously held a lead role at least 3-4 end-to-end HR project implementations
- Design, configuration and implementation experience in multiple HR applications including SAP SuccessFactors
- Extensive understanding of HR business processes and emerging technology trends
- Demonstrated people management capabilities
- Demonstrated experience in integration architecture including between both cloud and on-premise solutions
- Proven experience in applying industry best practices to solve business problems.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders and manage conflict
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related STEM discipline
It Is An Advantage To Have
- Prior Technology experience in large organizations
- Understanding and experience in data analytics architecture and technologies
- Relevant TOGAF certification, SAP SuccessFactors certification or similar
- Knowledge & practical experience in Agile and DevOps methodologies and practices
- Verbal and written Spanish communication skills would be beneficial
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly, and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements, and parent rooms.
The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce and to implement effective social distancing measures.
These changes if applicable will be discussed at the screening and interview stage.
To apply, click the link HERE.
To engage in the latest trends, developments, and opportunities about mining and resources across Australia and Latin America, join our community at Mining & Resources Group.
To find more career opportunities in Australia for Latin American professionals, visit our Jobs & Career platform.