At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 30 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team and role:
Canva’s Marketing & Engagement Group has a big mission to build the most loved brand in the world! Our success is shaping how we communicate and relate to our community, and guide teams internally to deliver delightful product experiences and communications.
We’re looking for a skilled SEM Specialist to join our Performance Marketing team, working closely alongside some of the top marketers in the world. You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about shaping user-centric products, communications, and working with diverse groups of people across the organisation to achieve your goals. You’ll be an experienced professional who thinks strategically, but also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
As part of the team, you will play a significant role in helping with the expansion of our SEM campaigns across key markets in EMEA to drive accelerated business growth across multiple product lines. We work closely with other i18n growth marketers, engineers, designers and product coordinators to exponentially grow Canva’s overall revenue & users.
As with any business experiencing fast growth, your role and its core areas of focus are likely to evolve significantly over time. We empower our people to adapt their own role for scale. This is how the responsibilities of your role will be split over the coming 12 months and beyond to facilitate this:
- Daily campaign performance management & optimisation (70%)
- Strategy - drive channel growth through SEM to drive incremental revenue and achieve strategic business outcomes across multiple product lines (20%)
- Evangelising SEM (10%)
Teams at Canva strive to strike a measured balance between getting things done effectively and long term maintainability. We keep things tight, with no big egos, promote a highly data informed approach and welcome self-driven professionals to come and join in on the adventure.
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes SEM and can embrace all the different opportunities & challenges that come with working across a hypergrowth, global company. We ensure that the Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so.
The successful candidate thrives on challenges, is not afraid to try new things, going from project to project without losing enthusiasm. They also enjoy working with cross-functional teams and go hands-on; you will be taking full ownership of your own SEM accounts & campaigns. As the role will be focused on driving SEM growth across our key European markets, it is preferred (not essential) that you have experience running campaigns across the EU & have basic working knowledge of one (or more) of the languages (German, French, Italian, Spanish).
- Lead the charge in Europe - Scale, manage & optimise Canva’s SEM campaigns across our top European markets.
- Be a market-leader - Ensure the business stays ahead of industry trends & competitor activity and optimises for current & future technology.
- Share our wins & learnings - Communicate accurate and timely weekly reports on the performance of your campaigns to the team & wider stakeholders.
- Be the subject-matter expert - Help evangelise SEM as a channel across the business.
- Be a team player - Involvement with other marketing and growth activities as needed.
What we're looking for:
- You have at least 2 years of hands-on experience running complex, large-scale SEM campaigns to hit efficiency & volume targets in-house/client side (without an agency).
- You’ve used bid management tools (eg. SA360, Marin, Adobe Media Optimiser or Kenshoo)
- You’re a stickler for details and love a good spreadsheet - you’re comfortable with numbers, statistics & analysing large amounts of data to identify trends, optimise campaigns & make decisions.
- You live and breathe SEM and are a keen follower of current trends in the industry.
- You have strong project management skills and never miss a deadline.
- You have a strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small.
- You thrive in a fast-changing environment and with multiple teams relying on you.
- You’re willing to be hands-on - no task is too small or too big.
- You have great organization and communication skills.
- You want a chance to flaunt, practice or develop your foreign language skills (German, French, Italian, Spanish).
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Professional education allowance
- Free Yoga membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work. We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
To engage in the latest trends, developments, and opportunities in information technology and telecommunications across Australia and Latin America, join our community at IT & Communications Group.
To find more career opportunities in Australia for Latin American professionals, visit our Jobs & Career platform.