The Enel Group is dedicated to the development and management of energy production from renewable sources worldwide. We have an energy generation mix that includes wind, solar, hydroelectric, geothermal, and biomass. We are active in 30+ countries with over 1,200 plants.
We work worldwide with a sustainable business model that generates value, not only for the company but also for the communities where we work. We are constantly engaged in new projects and new technological challenges in order to innovate in the fields of research and production of electrical energy from renewable sources.
We have an exciting opportunity for a professional to join our Commercial Office team based in Sydney. You will be dedicated to finding, negotiating, and executing long term Power Purchase Agreements (PPA's) in Australia.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Supporting the development of new renewable capacity in Australia by securing project revenues through long term energy sales agreements (PPA) with commercial, industrial and non-traditional off-takers
- Scouting and identification of opportunities and potential counterparties for long term sales of energy and renewable energy certificates/credits
- Managing responses to local Requests for Proposals and tenders for renewable energy from Corporate offtakers, preparing and structuring offers, in close collaboration with Business Development teams, local commercial teams and other involved business lines
- Definition of terms of agreements and negotiation of Power Purchase Agreements, supported by legal department and local units
- Understanding and follow up on developments in regional energy markets and policy and the impact these will have on power marketing
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Education: Degree in engineering or economics and/or master in energy-related business
- Experience: Ideally, professional experience in the energy sector of at least 3-5 years; experience in commercial work and international experience is considered a plus
- Technical-professional knowledge: good knowledge of energy and renewable power markets, technical knowledge of renewable power plants is an advantage; good skills in MS Office
- Demonstrated experience in the management of complex offers and successful negotiation of profitable contracts
- Languages: Fluent English both spoken and written is a must. Other languages (i.e. Italian, Spanish) considered a plus
- Ability to work as a team to tight deadlines, with a result-oriented and proactive approach
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn and operate independently
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if and when required
- Must have an interest in renewable energy projects and working with a variety of different people and cultures
- Sense of humor and humility
- Ability to work flexibly with hours
You must have the right to live and work in Sydney, Australia to apply for this job.
To engage in the latest trends, developments, and opportunities in engineering across Australia and Latin America, join our community at the Engineering Group.
To find more career opportunities in Australia for Latin American professionals, visit our Jobs & Career platform.