What We Do
We help governments, intelligence agencies and corporations find intelligence outcomes from their data. Our software is delivered worldwide through direct sales and via our partnerships with IBM and others.
Our flagship software product, Sintelix, is an advanced text analytics tool which is one of the fastest, most accurate and highly configurable unstructured data processing systems on the market. The company is enjoying a period of rapid sales growth at well above 100% a year.
Our soon-to-be released product, Sensuris, is another advanced text analytics system specialising in matching and optimising the matching of academic researchers to grant peer review needs.
We are looking for an exceptional Java Developer to help us develop and improve our capability in the Spanish market.
As part of our team, you will contribute to the development of custom software solutions for our clients and the further development of capabilities and integrations of our core product Sintelix.
Our clients include national and international governments, intelligence and security companies, as well as large corporate enterprises.
Specific Skills Required
- Degree in computer science, mathematics or similar.
- Advanced knowledge of Java SE 8.
- Spanish Language proficiency of C1 or higher ranked using CEFR. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_European_Framework_of_Reference_for_Languages
- Sound understanding of efficient algorithm design.
- Quality standards of the highest order with a natural eye for detail.
- Meticulous in planning and performance.
- The ability to work quickly and effectively to hit deadlines when required.
- Capable of writing high quality code that that requires minimal review or correction.
- Web applications:
- HTML & CSS
- RESTful web services
Ideally the candidate would also have:
- Agile development
- Working knowledge of SCM tools, especially Git
Qualities We Are Looking For Include:
- Loves to code and demonstrates determination, bravery, quality and speed.
- Is a clear thinker with the ability to communicate ideas effectively through spoken and written English.
- Is highly organised with an attitude of wanting to constantly improve.
- Has exceptional problem solving skills and a determination to clearly understand the issues by talking things through with the team.
- Someone who isn’t afraid to put their hand up if they don't know the answer as well as the desire to find the solution.
Working At Sintelix
At Sintelix, our goal is to create a space where our people have the chance to achieve excellence within a warm an encouraging environment. We go to great lengths to create wonderful products and provide excellent service to our clients. Our solutions are usually world-leading in quality and performance. Elegance, simplicity and effectiveness flow into everything we do.
We take care to base all our decisions on evident truth and consideration for others. In the atmosphere of trust that pervades the company, we can learn from each other and celebrate each other’s development and contributions.
We offer flexible working hours and a bonus system built around sharing the company’s success.