Role: Social Media Lead
Reporting Manager: Oliver Houlcroft
Role Type: Volunteer Position
Role Location: Remotely
Commitment: 10/15 hours per month
Somos21 is a not-for-profit organisation promoting greater connection and collaboration between students, professionals, and businesses/organisations across Australia and Latin America. Somos21 seeks to deliver impact across 3 key spheres:
Personal - Strong personal relationships and a sense of belonging and purpose at an individual level.
Professional - Strong human capital, trade, and investment flow between Australia and Latin America.
Social - Social and economic development in disadvantaged communities of Australia and Latin America.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, proactive, knowledgeable, and creative Social Media Leader to join our diverse organisation. The Social Media Lead will be responsible for developing and implementing our social media strategy to increase our online presence, brand awareness, and improve our marketing efforts.
- To protect the brand reputation of Somos21
- To observe all the core values and understand the strategic directions of Somos21
- To demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Somos21 and support all that it stands for
Areas of Accountability & Major Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and manage our social media strategy
- Take charge of all social media accounts – Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Develop and oversee (ensuring revision before publication) all social media content
- Create, manage and track Somos21 social media campaigns
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
- Use social media marketing tools, such as HubSpot
- Monitor SEO and user engagement
- Work with, train and supervise junior volunteers
Required Education, Experience and Technical Skills
- 2-3 years of social media management experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, commerce, or business administration
- Professional certification in social media marketing preferred
- In-depth understanding of growing brand awareness through social media campaigns
- Understanding of social posting programs such as HubSpot
- General knowledge of SEO and search engine ranking
- Experience in how to develop unique and targeted social media marketing campaigns
- Understand how to develop content based on the target market and the various social media platforms
- Ability to manage and supervise a diverse group of volunteers and simultaneously work toward Somos21 initiatives marketing and social media initiatives at once
If you are interested in our goal and vision of excellence, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
To engage in the latest trends, developments, and opportunities in information technology and telecommunications across Australia and Latin America, join our community at IT & Communications Group.
To find more career opportunities in Australia for Latin American professionals, visit our Jobs & Career platform.