10 Tropicana Rise, Castaways Beach, QLD, 4567
Role: Key Account Manager
Reporting Manager: Shannon Semenikow (Board of Directors – Strategic Alliances)
Role Type: Fixed-Term Volunteer Position
Role Location: Melbourne – Remotely
Commitment: 10/15 hours per month over 12 months (with the possibility to extend)
Somos21 is a not-for-profit organisation promoting greater connection and collaboration between students, professionals, and businesses/organisations across Australia and Latin America. Somos21 seeks to deliver impact across 3 key spheres:
Personal - Strong personal relationships and a sense of belonging and purpose at an individual level.
Professional - Strong human capital, trade, and investment flow between Australia and Latin America.
Social - Social and economic development in disadvantaged communities of Australia and Latin America.
We are looking for an experienced Key Account Manager to develop, manage, and grow a high-level relationship with a new and key Somos21 strategic partner (a well-known Melbourne University).
- To protect the brand reputation of Somos21
- To observe all the core values and understand the strategic directions of Somos21
- To demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Somos21 and support all that it stands for
Areas of Accountability & Major Responsibilities
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all matters with the strategic partner
- Build, maintain and manage a strong, long-lasting relationship with the strategic partner
- Develop trusted relationships with key stakeholders of the strategic partner
- Coordinate, lead and track all regular meetings/calls with the strategic partner
- Ensure the execution of all obligations and responsibilities stipulated in the strategic partner services agreement
- Clearly and frequently communicate the progress of all initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Take full accountability for all aspects related to the service provision to the strategic partner
- Assist with all client requests and inquiries
- Work in collaboration with the relevant Somos21 stakeholders (marketing, events, logistics, etc.)
- Identify new opportunities for mutual value creation
Required Education, Experience and Technical Skills
- Extensive experience (3+ years) as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Customer Relationship Manager, Sales Account Manager, etc. or relevant role
- Degree in Commerce, Management, Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or relevant field
- Experience and/or knowledge of the Australian higher education sector (university-focused)
- Experience delivering high-quality solutions, ensuring complete satisfaction
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team (with both internal and external stakeholders)
- Excellent communication, organisation, and presentation abilities
- Sharp attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English (Spanish and Portuguese a plus)
If you are interested in our goal and vision of excellence, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
To engage in the latest trends, developments, and opportunities regarding social impact, initiatives, and job opportunities across Australia and Latin America, join our community at Social Impact Group.
To find more career opportunities in Australia for Latin American professionals, visit our Jobs & Career platform.