Despegar acquires Best Day Mexico for US$136 million

Mar 05, 2020

It was clear Despegar—an Argentinian price-comparison travel company—was in love with this North American country, but now it seems to want Mexico all to itself.

In what could be considered Latam’s largest OTA deal to date, Despegar acquires Best Day Travel, in order to increase its local operations and dominate the market.

And it actually makes sense, if you consider 75 percent of Best Day’s revenue came from Mexico and the remaining 25 percent from its […]

The post about “Despegar acquires Best Day Mexico for US$136 million" first appeared on the Contxto website.

***

To engage in the latest trends, developments, and opportunities in the promotion of the tourism industry across Australia and Latin America, join our community at Tourism Group.

Not yet a member? Get connected and be inspired by more incredible Latin American and Australian professionals. Join the growing Somos21 Community.

Connections are growing between Australia and Latin America. With Somos21 this innovative online platform allows you to find, connect, and collaborate at a global level who share the same background or interest in Latin America and Australia. This gives people the opportunity to meet in person and build their personal and professional networks at a local level. 

Have you downloaded the Somos21 app to your phone yet? Take your networking to the next level! 

Download our smartphone app on iOS and Android now!!!

 


Other news